4 Şubat 2012 Cumartesi

The Character of Nothing(!) (Character Analysis (1))


Two topics are done, two to go. As I told you before, this entry will be the character analysis of Zero.
 
Although most of the characters think that Zero is nobody and stupid, he is certainly my favourite character of the book. In fact Louis Sachar made the readers think that way, I think. Other characters humiliate him and that causes us to feel sympathy toward him.

He is a tiny boy with curly hair. Even he is tiny he is one of the fastest diggers in the D Tent.Also and real name is Hector Zeroni. This is another reason of my interest into this character: his family history is coincidental tied with the story of Stanley’s. I’m almost sure that at the end both Stanley and Zero will learn what had happened in the past. That will make them closer.



In spite of other people’s thoughts, he is smart. Very smart, indeed. His ignorance is a consequence of his miserable life circumstances. I can say that without knowing what actually happened in his childhood ( I didn’t finish the book), because he didn’t know reading and writing so far. Thanks to Stanley he began to learn these.
W:200

1 yorum:

  1. I agree with you. I liked Zero, too. And this is a really nice characterization.

    YanıtlaSil